This challenge is a global call to reach the most disruptive startups, entrepreneurs and drive solutions to mitigate Covid-19 impacts on tourism through health, economic and destination management solutions. A step forward for Sustainable Development in a crisis situation.
A global call to reach the most disruptive startups, entrepreneurs, innovators and existing technologies to mitigate Covid-19 impacts on tourism through health, economic and destination recovery solutions.
A step forward for Sustainable Development in a crisis situation, providing support to travelers, businesses and authorities.
Startups, entrepreneurs and innovators from all over the world with ready-to-implement solutions to drive the Covid-19 impacts in tourism. Methods, processes, governance structures, social impact initiatives, new technological applications, existing technologies, among other ways of innovation are applicable.
Participants should meet the following criteria:
- Being innovative in nature and provide value-added solutions
- To have a tested pilot and business plan
- To have been accelerated before
- To have potential to be applied in many countries
Healing for People
Solutions focused on safety measures, sanitizing methods, early detection, among others for tourism and travel-related stakeholders – to be used by: tourists, tourism employees, hospitality operations, travel agencies, tour-operators, transportation, amusement parks, etc.
Healing for Prosperity
Solutions focused on digital applications for tourism, sharing economy, circular economy, revenue management, demand recovery, investments, among other areas, to be implemented for the whole sector near and long-term future.
Healing for Destinations
Solutions focused on recovery techniques for destinations: crisis communication, crisis management, mobility, tourism destinations re-branding, travel confidence recovery, among other related areas.
From all over the world
- 3 Categories
For tourism challenges
- Top solutions
To start delivering
- Screening applications
- Experts Committee Assessment
- Top startups release
- Benefits for selected finalists
The most viable and ready-to-implement solutions will be awarded as follows:
Digital booklet: To reach 150+ ministers and forward information from the best providers for tourism recovery.
Business presentation: To the world governments with the UNWTO Secretary-General from the IE University Wow Room, the most innovative space to share the solutions.
Connection with the UNWTO Innovation Network: Access to more than 5000 tourism-related startups, 930 corporations, 300 public institutions, 50 education institutions, 30 incubators and 200 investors.
- Support Member States and tourism stakeholders in identifying and mitigating global and local risks related to tourism: mitigations strategies, actions and instruments to evaluate risks of global and local importance.
- Strengthen the coordination of all tourism stakeholders along the tourism value chain.
- Measures to facilitate international travel, by ensuring the safe and efficient movement of travelers: including an exchange of information, development of standards and procedures meant to deter threats, reduce costs and safeguard the movement of travelers.
- Promote technology acquisition and facilitate investment.
25 March 2020
- Deadline for candidatures
15 April 2020
- Announcement of top startups
20 April 2020
- Selection of finalists to be awarded benefits
25 April 2020